Why do I need to see an Endodontist?

Harish Lala with patientWhile there are dentists across New Zealand trained to perform a routine endodontic treatment - also known as a Root Canal. There are times when dentists will refer patients to a Specialist Endodontist for this treatment. 

What is an endodontist?

Endodontists are specialists who have completed both their general dental education, plus an additional three years of focused endodontic training.

There is a range of routine and complex procedures that an Endodontist will perform, this is including surgery if required. Endodontists are also very experienced at diagnosing and treating the origin of oral and facial pain.

The most common procedure that an Endodontist will carry out is a Root Canal treatment.